Monday, August 18, 2014

Transfer? August 11th & August 18th letter.

Aug 11, 2014
Hey guys, so remember how I told you I was going to get transferred? Well it didn't happen. So I am still here with the other two elders, Elder Roman and Elder Martinez. Its been pretty fun to be here in a trio. The other two elders have the same amount of time in the mission as I do. I mean, its been a good time. This is the third time in my mission that I have been in a trio.
Anyway, this week has been pretty awesome. Last week I was kind of bummed because I didn't want to leave behind all of the investigators that I had before that were progressing, but since I am still here close, we have been able to keep working with them. Actually one of them has a baptismal date so I´m really excited about that! Its awesome because in his family, everyone else are members, and his son just turned 8 and so now he is trying even harder to get baptized so he can baptize his son! His work schedule makes it difficult but he is doing all he can. 
On Thursday we had a sweet activity with president Morales. We had a short conference then it was Volleyball, Soccer, and food. It was awesome. In volleyball I was on the same team as president and a couple of my other little missionary friends here, and we rocked that. I mean, we won again and again, and lost a couple of times.. but we were the overall winners. It was nice..
And then there was soccer... We lost, a lot. But we did win one haha. It was way fun.

 
During the conference part we taught an active member about The First Vision and the Spirit was incredibly strong during the lesson. I know that God the Father and Jesus Christ truly appeared to Joseph Smith that spring morning, and I know that the gospel has been restored over the earth. God's plan is remarkable, and I trust completely in Him. 
I love you guys, I hope all is well! 
Love, Elder Rios
 
Aug 18, 2014
So guys, I am still in Acayucan, BUT, I am in a different area. I am now in Zapata, which is another ward here. I am working with Elder Narvaez. It was pretty cool, I really didn't have to repack my stuff since Elder Narvaez lived right below where I was already at with the other Elders. Anyway, its looking like we are going to have a baptism this week so I am pretty excited! And then the week after also, we just gotta get some people married! Man, lets just all follow God's commandments and get legally married instead of just living together. Can I get an amen? That's one of the biggest problems we run into down here but I mean, when the people come to understand that its a commandment, they usually end up getting married.
Anyway, I really don't have a whole lot to write about today so I will just share with you guys the scripture that really kind of impacted me this week:
 
 35 Then one of them, which was a lawyer, asked him a question,tempting him, and saying,
36 Master, which is the great commandment in the law?
 37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
 38 This is the first and great commandment.
 39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
I copied and pasted that and that's the format so I promise the letters aren't bigger because I was yelling them at you. But I really liked this scripture because I was trying to analyze where I am at in Loving the Lord with all my heart, soul, and mind. I know that I have changed a lot being here on the mission, and I want nothing more
than to dedicate my time here to the Lord. To me, loving the Lord is as it says in John 14:15, is by keeping the Commandments. All of them. I mean, us as people tend to have a selective obedience. Something's we keep, others we don't, even if we know its wrong. At some point we even give up hope and just say "that's just how I am" or "God made me this way" but that's not true. God didn't make us exempt to His divine laws. They are for our temporal and eternal happiness, and the faster we choose to obey ALL his commandments, the faster we will gain a true testimony of His doctrine, we will repent, change things we've done wrong and begin to understand the potential that we really have as God's beloved children. 


 


 
There's a few more things that I have going through my mind about the scripture, but for now I think I will just keep it simple. I love God. I'm happy to be where I am, and I don't ever want to grow comfortable with the relatively little work that I have done during my time as a missionary.
 I love you guys!
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment