Monday, August 4, 2014

Cake & A baptisim July 14, 2014

Alright family so, I unfortunately will not be writing much this week. I know I say that all of the time. Its great. So long story short, this week we passed through Apostasy Week. (Apostasy, Gospel Term, When individuals or groups of people turn away from the principles of the gospel). so, that was fun or something. We had some very serious lessons with quite a few people and it was truly just difficult. Anyway, story of the week. So we had that happen and then on Saturday, all of our plans fell threw and Elder George and I sat on a curb for a time and we were just like "well, now what?" And so I decided that we would just start walking down a street, even though we didn't really know where we were going, and so we start walking and My comp says, "lets go see Mario" (who has a cake shop.) Anyway, so we keep on the same road and we  get to the cake shop and a lady stops me. My companion didn't hear so I whistled him down but anyway the lady starts telling us about her husband who wants to get baptized that already was going to church a few months back and is practically just waiting for the missionaries to go over. And so we got their info and such, and while we were saying good bye, the lady reaches in her bag and gives me and elder George each a little slice of cake. It was the best cake I´ve had in a long long time. I enjoyed it.
It was just a real cool experience because we were really just down in the dumps and the Lord picked us right back up. Afterwards we got back to work with renewed enthusiasm and we were just catching fire, it was so nice. It made me think a lot about the scripture in alma 26:27. 
This is without a doubt God´s work. I love my Heavenly Father, and I know that He is watching over me. 
 
Thought I would share some photos of our really short hair cuts &  tire swing!
 
 
Elder George

 


Elder Rios Rope Swing


I love you guys. 
Talk to you next week! 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment