Saturday, October 11, 2014

Transfers Sept 6, 2014 working in the Mission office



Hey guys, so I hope all is going well! Sorry I wasn´t able to write on Monday, I was a bit busy but for the next little while I will be writing on Saturdays. That's pretty sweet right? Anyway, so I will try to give you a quick recap of whats going on but I don´t really know what I am going to say. So Monday I got transferred, I am in Villahermosa now, which is one of the hottest parts of the mission. I have liked it though. There's also a lot more stuff here in Villahermosa, its the only real city that I have been in during my mission. Well, I guess Acayucan was kind of a city. A very little baby city, but a city nonetheless. 


My last week with Elder Narvaez was pretty fun. I mean, we spent the week trying to do some paperwork to get some people married, but we didn´t get it in time. Hopefully this week they will be married and be able to get baptized. I´m gonna miss working with Elder Narvaez though, he was really good to work with. Here in Villahermosa I am with Elder Becerra, he is my new companion. This week has been pretty fun, and its been super busy. I have been trying to learn some new stuff, but now it looks like I have it all figured out. On Monday all the new missionaries got to the mission so we were helping them out with getting acquainted with the mission and all its rules and such. When the American missionaries got here they slept in our house and they just looked super nervous... I am pretty sure I was exactly the same when I got here ha-ha. Everything is just so new and the people seem to talk super fast and stuff. I remember just being confused when I got here. I just didn´t even know what to think. 

Hey, playing translator isn't as easy as it sounds. Well it doesn't sound easy. But, anyway, on Tuesday we had another meeting for the new missionaries and I spent the meeting translating everything into English. You really have to think about some of the stuff because you can´t just translate it all word for word, you have to do it in a way that makes sense. Anyway, when the president got up to talk he was like "thank you Elder Rios for the official translation" and yeah then the same thing happened in a different meeting. Its just pretty funny. Its been fun to get to work closer to the president, its really been cool to get to know him better and stuff to. 
Anyway, love you guys, talk to you next week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment