Saturday, October 11, 2014

Sept 27, 2014 Almost General Conference time!

Hey guys, so I´m pretty excited for General Conference. I mean, I just want to make sure  you guys know that. 
This week has been pretty alright. I ate little ceasers for the first time in almost nineteen months. I don´t really know how to say this but... I´m pretty sure my pizzas came out better than the one we ate... I mean, I´m just sayin´. It was a good little flashback moment. This week we have focused a bit more on contacting. My companion is really good at it. Like really good. No one tells him no, haha. I don´t know how he does it, so I am trying to learn more from him in that aspect. I mean, I´m not bad at contacting but I haven´t quite learned to do it as natural as he does. So yeah, I´m working on that so that the people don´t give me the "what do you want?" stare when we randomly start talking to them haha. 
Anyway, this week went pretty good. We are teaching two people, they are father and daughter. They are pretty cool investigators. The daughter accepted the invitation to be baptized this week, and we are working with the dad also so that he can be baptized. We are hoping that in October we can have their baptism. They really are awesome though. They both have understood really well what we have taught them and have the desire to keep learning. I am certain that they are two of the many people that the Lord has prepared to receive the gospel. 
During my personal study this week I just had another one of those "the gospel is true" moments. I was reading in Ezekiel, and as I was reading I just found a scripture that I really needed. Later in the same chapter I was awestruck when I found that the Lord talked about how the gospel would be preached and how many people would respond to his call. The scriptures contain the word of God. They are powerful and true. The moment that we start applying the teaching that are taught therein is when we recognize the divine guidance that is received through the sacred writings of God´s chosen servants. He has always called prophets, and He continues to call prophets. I have no doubt of that fact, and I know that Thomas S. Monson is a prophet of the Lord. The Holy Ghost has testified it to me, and I testify the same to all of you. 
I love you guys and I hope you are well.
Love, Elder Kyle Andrew Rios
Ezekiel 34:11-16

No comments:

Post a Comment