Saturday, October 11, 2014

Birthday Cake... Turned 21 in Mexico! =}


Sat Oct 11, 2014 Birthday Cake...Turned 21 in Mexico! =}

So, its transfer weekend guys! Which means that on Monday they are going to start moving around missionaries to different areas, some missionaries go home, and some new missionaries arrive to the mission! I am really excited for this one because I get to see the new missionaries get here. I really like seeing how nervous/excited all the new missionaries are. I mean, I am pretty sure I already mentioned it but it makes me think of when I just barely got here to the mission. So yeah, its pretty great. Monday and Tuesday will be pretty busy for us, cause we run around doing all the behind the scenes stuff to make sure the meetings go as planned and stuff. Oh and I get to spend Tuesday as the 'official translator' for the american missionaries that arrive and that's fun.
So this week has been a pretty good one. I turned 21 on Monday and President and Sister Morales bought me a birthday cake and everyone in the office sang happy birthday to me. It was a funny cake it said "Felicidades Elder 'ah bueno' ". I always answer 'ah bueno' whenever someone asks me to do something and so one of the Elders put it on the cake, and since then, all of the people in the office have started saying 'ah bueno' to everything. I´m pretty much a hipster. But not really. 

And something else that was kind of funny this week was that we have a Puerto Rican flag in our mission office now... So heres the story, my friend and zone leader, Elder Urbina, and I are the only two missionaries of Puerto Rican descent here in the mission. In the mission office we have a flag of each country of the missionaries that are here in the mission. So we have some of Nicaragua, Columbia, Mexico, England, and different places. Anyways, Elder Urbina started telling president that we needed a flag from Puerto Rico, to which president initially said no. But after some talking back and forth, he said that we could have a Puerto Rican flag but it had to be a little one because Puerto Rico isn´t its own country, and neither Elder Urbina or myself are fully Puerto Rican... So attached is the picture of the flag we won.. I´m pretty proud of it. 

We have been working to find some new investigators here in our area and its been going pretty well. We have a new one named Miguel. His brother is a member of the church in the United States and invited him to meet the missionaries. We have been teaching him for like two weeks now, and he is way cool. We weren't able to see him this week, so he called me the other day while we were in a meeting and he says ¨hey, when can I see you guys again?" So we set a date and time and he told me "okay, and I already read the part of the Book of Mormon that you left me, is there another part I can read?" I mean, not all of the investigators are like that. He is way cool. Right now we are going to focus on the day of rest with him. He has definitely been prepared to receive the gospel though and I am really excited to keep teaching him. I know that the Lord is going to put more people in our path and I hope that we can find some families that are looking for the gospel. I love you guys and I know I haven´t written as much but I mean, I think you´re all great. and stuff. 
Love you, hope to write you all next week. 
I´m going to send a picture of me and my companion, of my birthday cake, and the little Puerto Rican flag. 

No comments:

Post a Comment