Monday, June 16, 2014

Transfered! Acayucan is a cool place =]

Kyles last two emails to the family. I find it funny that he left out the fact that he is now a District Leader. Man I love his modesty!

June 9, 2014
So, uh, I got transferred guys. I am in a new place called Acayucan, which is in the state of Veracruz. It seems like a good area so far. I have only been here about five hours but I am really excited. I will get you guys some photos next week!  
Anyway, this last week in Chichicapa went really pretty well. We had some hard times with some investigators, but we also had some success. There are two investigators that are finally going to be baptized after all the time that I was there to work with them. I am sad that I wont be able to see the baptism, I was really close to the family, but I know that I am needed elsewhere. I remember that I was once told that not  everyone I meet here would immediately accept the gospel, but that they would later be led to the truth through the seed I had planted during my time teaching them. I have said it before, but truly the Lord puts us where we need to be when we need to be there. Sometimes, we miss the opportunities if we aren´t ready, but whether things turn out well or not, there's a lesson to be taught. 
The last Saturday in Chichicapa was great because we had an excellent activity. We got all of the  members involved and made a video of the progress in chichicapa since we started the little  branch there. It was hard for me to say good bye, but I hope and pray that I may have the opportunity to see  many of these people again. I really just need a teleporter or something from star trek. Someone should really get on making me one of those. Maybe my brother mike can do it. I think he's a pretty smart guy. 
Anyway, I love you guys. I wish I had my camera to send you pictures!
Love, Elder Rios
 
 
June 16, 2014

 
So, I thought I would have more time to talk to you guys this week but that's not the case. So sorry about that, but I love you guys and I hope all is well. There's a lot of hills in my area. So that's weird, but life is good. Love you guys
Elder Rios

1 comment: