Monday, January 27, 2014


January 13, 2014

Well, Mexico is going great. I really keep loving it down here. It’s definitely different to be in another country but I love it. Everything keeps going great down here for us, the Lord is always opening up more and more opportunities for us. 
Anyway, so I have had a pretty good week here in Mexico. The truth is I don´t have a whole lot to write in the letter because the time has just kind of flown by and I can´t even remember entirely what happened this week or what happened last week. Everything just mixes together. So anyway, one of the things that I remembered that happened this week is that we started teaching English here. That was pretty fun. I told my companion that I was going to speak completely in English... and I did... except for when I had a joke or something funny to say... then I had to speak in Spanish so that I don’t end up laughing alone or something. That would just get uncomfortable. But anyway, the class went really well. We taught the kids that came how to pray in English and how to introduce themselves. So yeah, that was a lot of fun. Now when we are walking down the street and we pass one of the kids they ask me ´what’s your name? ´ or ´how are you?´ but they have an accent so it sounds great. Later in the week we also had some piñatas that the kids got to break and that was fun to see. There is a piñata song that everyone sings during the time that the kids are hitting the piñata and when the song ends that means that the time is up. I tried to learn it, but I already forgot it so I am going to have my companion write it down for me. 
And the last thing I am going to write about here is our branch that we have here in Chichicapa. So three weeks have passed since we split the ward and each week our church attendance has been higher than that of the ward that is still in the main city. We have had a lot of families start coming to church after years of being inactive and our investigators have also been inviting their friends and families to come to church on Sunday and the activities during the week. It’s been going awesome here, the work is moving along. We still have some hard days when we see that some of our investigators are falling behind a bit, but overall the Lord has helped us a lot here.
So, that’s the letter for the week. I hope all is going well for you guys. I love you! Talk to you next week! 
Elder Rios
1 Cor. 15:9-11

D Y C 11:8-10

No comments:

Post a Comment