Monday, January 27, 2014

Jan 20, 2014

Well, it’s looking like a good week here in Chichicapa. I mean, well, nothing too exciting has happened but it still was a pretty good week. I feel good about it at least. Anyway, this week we had the opportunity to see our mission president and we had a district pizza party type deal and we have got to see some real changes in some of the people we teach. Anyway, I will start with the pizza party part. There isn´t too much to say on that subject. The important part is that you know that the Dominos here has two for one pizza on Tuesdays and between six missionaries we almost ate four pizzas. Not the best of ideas, but it definitely wasn´t the worst either. Anyway, so that wasn´t really that important of an event, but the Elders in my district are pretty great to be with.

This last week we all had interviews with the mission president. I think that he does them like every three or four months or something. He is a really cool guy though and I didn’t feel like I really knew him or anything before but now I feel like I do. You can see that he has a real desire to help each one of the missionaries and you can see how dedicated he is to the work. 

This week had some interesting moments. I mean, I know at first I said nothing too exciting, but that was just a test to see if you would keep reading. Anyway, we have an investigator who wants nothing more than to be baptized. She has told us that for about two months now, but she hasn´t been able to because she isn´t married to the guy that’s living with her. So, finally this week she told us that she kicked out her boyfriend and that she is ready to be baptized because she is sick of being stuck and not being able to progress spiritually. I mean, she really has put all her faith in the Lord because the truth is that the boyfriend provides everything for her financially. She told us that she knows the Lord will help her and that she needs to make her life right with the Lord. It’s been a learning experience for me to see the faith that she has in the Lord. I know that the Lord will provide for her. She has already seen different trials from her decision, but she knows that the Lord will provide, and I know that He will take care of everything. The Spirit has already made me know that the Lord is doing everything to help her be happy in this life, and in the life to come. 

I am grateful for each day that I have here. Sometimes there are hard days, and sometimes I just don´t quite understand what I should do, but at the end of each day I know that I am where I need to be and that this is the Lord´s work. I am blessed to be a part of it. 
Anyway, that concludes the letter. I love you guys. Here’s some scriptures and some pictures. (I like how that sounds) 
Lamentations 3:22-26
Moises 1:18-20
Love Elder Rios
Oh man, you´re all going to think all I do is eat...


No comments:

Post a Comment