Monday, December 2, 2013

December 2, 2013

December 2, 2013

Turtle Soup =] 

Okay, so I made up more of a list of what I am going to write to you guys today, so maybe it won’t be incredibly out of order and kind of random or what not. But I mean, then again maybe it will be. I just don´t really know exactly how the email will turn out.

 By the way, December is weird without snow. It’s almost not natural, it doesn't feel entirely like Christmas is coming up, but there are some people who have their Christmas lights up and everything. Not me though, I don’t want to spend 70 pesos to buy my lights ha-ha.

Anyway, I mean I guess the first thing I will put in here is that I ate a turtle. Someone cooked it up, put it in a stew of some sort, and I ate it. It didn't taste bad, but I just felt wrong eating it. There was just kind of a weight on my conscience and I swear I could hear my brother Dax's voice letting me know that what I was doing was wrong ha-ha, but even with the feeling of guilt weighing me down, I kept eating. 





So that’s one thing that happened this week. Later we had a zone conference with our Mission President. That went really well. He explained to us the importance of making sure we take the time to get to know our investigators and that we aren't just looking to baptize someone. The whole point of sharing the gospel is to help people to come to know their Father in Heaven and the things that they need to do in order to return to live with Him. If you just baptize someone to baptize someone, then they never have the opportunity to truly learn of the Gospel and of the love the Lord has for each of His children. 

Next up, so there is a kid here name Hernán and he is preparing to get baptized. He is 8 years old and he is helping everyone in his family to accept the gospel. Every time we go over to his house, his mom tells us about the different things that Hernán says that show how much he trusts in the Lord and it’s just awesome to see this little guy helping all of his family along. Yesterday all of his family went to church and he was really happy. His mom has also told us about how since they have started helping Hernán to prepare to be baptized they have seen so many blessings in their lives and that she looks forward to being able to follow her son’s example one day.
 Yesterday when we went to visit him his mom was telling us about how they had went to visit her sister and they started talking about Hernáns baptism and then asked Hernán what his plans were for after his baptism and he told them that he was going to go to school and go to church and then later he was going to be a missionary. 
It’s really great seeing how the Lord starts working among His children. Sometimes it’s the example of someone younger than us that we need to help us have the desire to continue forward and that help us to build our faith. I love you guys and hope that all is well! And Christmas is coming up so, you know that’s a good thing! 

Well, heres the scripture I´ve got for you: Isaiah 25:8-9 
Love you guys. 
Love, Elder Rios


No comments:

Post a Comment