Monday, December 30, 2013

Dec 23. 2013 So I ate an iguana!



So I ate an iguana! 

Alright, so I guess its letter writing time. I am a bit short on time, but I will see if I can recount the comings and goings of my week here with the time given. So anyway, first things first, merry Christmas! I hope it goes great for you guys, and that you get snowed on. There, I said it. I never thought I´d be jealous about this whole snow thing, but it’s just not right without it. The closest thing we´ve got is an Elder Snow in our district, and it just isn't a suitable substitute. 

Alright, well, first of all. I ate Iguana. It wasn´t a gourmet meal or anything, like that, but it wasn´t the worst thing I´ve ever eaten. I mean, you kind of have to be careful with the bones and what not, and it’s definitely a finger food. But, you just kind of pick it apart, put it on a tortilla, throw some hot sauce up on there and there’s a taco for ya. I am pretty sure that I have said this before, but I have definitely learned on my mission that you can make a taco out of anything. Call it racist, or call it a Mexican cliche, but either way, you´d be wrong. It’s just a fact, and a great part of life. Anyway, I will send you a picture of the iguanas while they were alive.. .I didn´t give them names so I wouldn´t get attached. Or feel guilty like I did with the turtle...



The next order of business is that we had our mission Christmas dinner. Well, it wasn’t the whole mission, and it wasn´t dinner, it was more of a luncheon that we had with a good amount of missionaries. We had turkey, I think, and mashed potatoes, and leaving from there we might have also bought McDonalds. It was good to see some of my friends again. I got to see Elder Segovia, my first companion here in Mexico. He goes home in ten days. That was weird to say good bye, but I hope to be able to see him again. I mean, I have this idea of taking a tour of Mexico to see some of my Mexican friends, after the mission but it is looking like it might be expensive... *Donations accepted* (I mean, I was joking with the donations thing, but if you want to, that’s cool too.) 




Anyway, really, it was a joke. This last week has gone really well, we have two people that are preparing to get baptized in January and the both have been progressing so much. One of them is named Guadalupe and she’s awesome. She is just working on getting some things in her life in order, but she has already told us that she is willing to do whatever it takes to be good with God. She already has such a strong testimony and an understanding of the gospel that blows me away. I know that the Lord has prepared her and is guiding her at this time. Hearing some of the things she has passed through is crazy. I don´t think I could have handled all that she has handled. She really is a great example to me. 

Anyway, that’s the time I´ve got, but I love you guys and I hope all is well! Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment