Monday, December 16, 2013

December 16, 2013


It started raining here in Chichicapa. Well, this week was a week of Catholic celebrations. I mean, they celebrated the appearance of the Virgin Guadalupe here, who is the same as the virgin Maria, and so that’s been kind of what’s been going on here.

At the beginning of the week one of the members told us that every year when the people start celebrating, it starts to rain, and that’s exactly what happened. Wednesday we actually had to go to our house at 6 and that was weird.

 I didn’t even know what to do with so much time at the end of the day. So we ate chicharrĂ³n con salsa and called it good. 

Also we went to go see some ruins that are here in our district. That was pretty sweet.  I will put in some pictures. Unfortunately we couldn’t really climb up to many of the pyramids. One of the elders that had already been told us that he had already tried and he got caught by the 5-0. It was still awesome though.



 

This letter is going to be kind of short so sorry about that, anyway I will keep this going.

Anyway, this week we taught a lot of lessons about missionary work. I am not really sure why but it just kind of felt right with some of the members and with our investigators. As we taught the lessons, I started to understand a little more of the importance of Missionary work. Even being here as a missionary I still don’t fully understand it, but here is what I felt like I understood more.

 The truth is that the Lord Doesn´t need my help to do missionary work. He could do it all by himself. He could help people as He did with Alma, or with Paul, but instead of that, He allows each one of us to participate in the work that He has on this earth. He allows me to be an instrument in His hands and help others to accept the gospel. He knows the experiences and the things that I need in my life to help me learn, and grow here on the earth and to help me live with Him again after all is said and done.

 I love you guys and I hope that all is well! Sorry it’s a short letter! 

Love, Elder Rios

No comments:

Post a Comment