Wednesday, April 16, 2014

March 31, 2014

We played basketball and soccer today and it was really great. I really just have missed playing sports. I sweated a lot, and the sun was just not helping me out. I felt kind of gross to be honest, but I did not suck nearly as bad as I thought I would after all this time. I mean, I never was the best, but I can say that I am still not the worst. So that's a good thing, right?


Anyway, this last week went pretty good. We ate the almost american hamburgers again from one of the members. I even took a picture of them. I just miss a good burger. And try as they might, the people of mexico just haven´t been able to make a Grade-A, top-notch hamburger. I mean, I guess it makes up for the fact that the tacos that we make aren´t like the tacos they sell here in the taco stands... They sell some really great tacos. And cheap. And, its just real nice.

This last week we had a movie in the park. Or, better said, a movie in the park in front of the catholic church. It went pretty good. And only one person was rude and didn't want to talk to us. So that's a good thing. We had a bunch of people show up and so we are planning on doing it again. We were a little disorganized on it though, we could have done it better. So when round 2 come around, we are going to find new investigators left and right with that.


We also started teaching Claudia and Carlos this week. They are pretty cool. Its a single mom and her kid. They don´t have a whole lot and they have kind of had a bit of trouble financially, but you can see that Claudia does all she can to take care of her children. Its really just a humbling experience to be in the homes of some of the people that we teach. I always thought that my mom was joking when she used to tell me that there were people that lived in houses the size of our living room.

I love being here as a missionary. Sometimes there are days that are stressful, but the Lord is always helping us out and I really couldn´t ask for more.
I love you guys, hope all is well.
Love, Elder Kyle Andrew Rios

Side note: I promise I wasn´t trying to kidnap that iguana.


No comments:

Post a Comment