Wednesday, April 16, 2014

April 7, 2014
Hey guys. So, ya know, as normal, I hope all is going well for you guys. I mean, I have been doing pretty good. I am not gonna write a whole lot this week, just the simple stuff.
So this week we went on exchanges. I went with my good friend elder Suares again. He's from Honduras, he's a good guy. I really learn a lot from him. He knows a lot about the gospel and the scriptures and its just kind of astounding. I would like to keep learning about the gospel, I feel like I was just crazy negligent with reading my scriptures before, but I have really started to like it. I mean, the day just isn´t the same if I don´t get to start it out with the normal studying.
 Friday was a really cool experience. Every week we have a ward family home evening and one of the families in the ward is assigned each week to share the message or teach the class, however you want to say it. Anyway, this week, one of the recent converts here named Guadalupe, and her son Hernan had the opportunity to give the class. Guadalupe decided to talk about one of the general conference talks from a couple conferences ago called "I know it. I live it. I love it" by Ann M. Dibb. Guadalupe talked about how taking the decision to be baptized was hard for her because of the pressure she received from some of her friends and the judgments that were being passed because of the person she was before and how the gospel had changed her life and made her stronger and proud of the choice that she had made to make a covenant with the Lord. I really just felt like a proud parent or something there as she taught the lesson. She is one of the strongest people I have known, she always surprises me when she shares a story from her life or something that she had to pass through. I know that the Lord doesn´t make mistakes and that He puts us exactly where
we need to be. 
Saturday and sunday were general conference days. I loved it. My favorite quote was "one should not roam through garbage." I just really liked the guys accent. haha, Elder Urbina and I are the only americans here so we went into a seperate room to watch conference in english. It was our little america, and it was great. I love the english language, in case any of you were wondering. I really enjoyed elder Russell M nelsons talk, and elder Hollands talk. Those were probably my two favorite talks. It took me awhile to understand the importance of having a living prophet and apostles in our day, but now that I understand a little better I am incredibly grateful. 
Anyway, I wrote more than I thought I would. Love you guys. 

By the way, I am thirteen months into my mission. time is flying by. 

Love, Elder Rios

No comments:

Post a Comment